Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Louisiana

I was very fortunate to visit Louisiana and much of the south this year- particularly New Orleans area- and I was very smitten with it. I think Trent agrees that it was one of the highlights of our travels. The area, in and out of the city is pretty, charming, and reflects a unique sense of the south. Also, who can complain about the very forgiving winters? So basically I liked it a lot.

What's become rather interesting to me though, is how "chic" Louisiana is in pop culture right now- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie moved there a couple years ago, Sandra Bullock just moved there, and Scarlett Johannson just bought a house too! And of course my favorite show, True Blood, takes place in Louisiana.

I am not going to be surprised if we see an influx of celebs and people heading that way soon. But I wonder why it's all of a sudden popular? Because I liked it a lot, but it seems like after Hurricane Katrina, people didn't want to be there anymore...so why now?

Another great place is Gulfport MS. 40 minutes out of New Orleans, and super amazing. True south. 

No comments: