Monday, April 7, 2008

Living


So this weekend in Moab, we got to go rock climbing. I am a pro when it comes to the local indoor gym but I have to admit, this was my first time ever climbing outdoors. We chose a cool spot where top roping was possible (no lead climbing because even though i'm certified it still scares the crap out of me! top roping for life!), and we started climbing. The slickrock makes things a little more challenging because there is practically nothing to grab on to. But those few holds are miracles! They're so amazing! And when you get to the top, nothing feels better, even though looking down can be scary! 

Anyways I've just realized how fulfilling my life is right now. I didn't grow up in a very outdoorsy family, or shall I say it never went far beyond bikes and english style horse riding (which i love, don't get me wrong!). But we didn't often camp and get dirty like my granola husband has gotten me to do. Again, I will say that I feel I had a lot of great opportunities in my childhood, but now I'm getting even more opportunities and it's really quite rewarding. It's weird how when I was single, I didn't ever want to get married because if I did, my life would be over. But lucky me, I got into the right marriage, because it feels like my life has just begun! And, as sad as it is true, I love The North Face! I'm such a hottie in my jackets, what can I say? I even have tent slippers to match. 

I'm just really enjoying being introduced to these new opportunities. Without divulging too much information, I think I know a little more about the world than my generally naive disposition allows people to believe. But I find solace in the bright outlook ahead. Yea yea I know I'm corny. But yea, climbing is wonderful. 

1 comment:

Rin said...

I know what you mean...I feel the same happened to me in my relationship. I never wanted to be tied down, but really I've been introduced to so many more opportunities. And before I felt like I'd already experienced so much through my family. It makes life exciting to think of gaining more and more as time goes on.