Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Things I DON'T Like

I was 5  years old when my great-grandmother died at the age of 90. One of the only things I remember about her death was that I was so amazed that she didn't die of getting shot. I thought she was super lucky to escape this world being so old. 

Isn't that sad? That a 5 yr old already knew how perilous the world is? That we are lucky if we don't get shot and killed in life? 

This article talks about just one of the many random shootings that are cropping up everywhere in the U.S. Some guy opened fire in a Wendy's and killed this Paramedic, whose family was waiting for him outside in the car. Can you imagine? Simply stopping at a Wendy's to eat can mean life and death.

What is wrong with our country? I'm sorry but how often do we see this in Canada, France, England, etc? Gang related, I can understand. But random, angry people who kill everyone and then themselves? Get out of here.

Honestly, I think our country is so spoiled that we think our lives are so terrible when in comparison, they're amazing! If you put the poorest person in the U.S. up to the average individual in India, China, Mexico- you name it, they'd still be better off. Stop whining about your poor life, and get over it. So people treat you like crap? So what! Like honestly, I don't feel bad for some handyman.

Anyways sadness indeed. Let's just love each other! Easier said than done, right? 

No comments: