Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's Headband Time (Again!)

Just thought I'd share another one of my completed headbands. I wasn't so convinced by this one, because it is HUGE on my head. I didn't want it to look like a horribly mis-matched toupee. But, tonight I tried it on, and it just looked right with my hair. Don't know what it was, but I liked it. I mean, I wouldn't wear this everyday, but on special occasions, I think it looks great.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

The above photo is the best one I have that shows the fun jewel detailing I added. I saw something similar on a headband at Nordie's that they were selling for like $50! When all was said and done, my headband wasn't necessarily cheap to make, but it was maybe $10 max. I still need to find a cheap feather producer...

And, just so you can compare, here is a photo of me earlier in the day, sans headband...
Photobucket

Don't I look so boring?! I definitely think headbands instantly spruce up an outfit and hairstyle! And they are extremely helpful if one wants to bide some time between hair dye sessions. :)

Anyways, I will have more to share soon- I just got some more feathers today!- so I hope I get some good results from them! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So do you make them only for yourself or to sell them I would love to have a headband like that.. I'm into headbands :-)

Unknown said...

Oh I forgot lol.. what are you wearing on your cheeks???.. love the color!!