Friday, January 22, 2010

Mrs. Manager

So, I am returning to Skagway, Alaska in April for my 4th summer up there. Fourth!! Crazy, it seems just like yesterday when I followed my true love up for the summer. It was risk I was willing to take, and I am so glad I did. I digress...this year, I am going to be Sales & Service Manager, which is an exciting new challenge for me. I definitely don't feel like a manager, but I have a lot of great ideas on leading my team, and I feel as certain as I can be that it will be a successful summer.

Speaking of team, I have been given the privilege of interviewing and selecting my employees. I am kinda in the middle of the interviewing process right now, and hope to be done by early next week. It is fun, but also kind of hard! I have, thus far, been impressed with all those who I've interviewed, and I am confident in their ability, but still it's a little agitating, realizing that hey, I'm ultimately responsible for the performance of these individuals. :) But, I am still really excited, nonetheless, and glad that I can have a hand in the process.

Anyways, I'm still enjoying my "Moosemobile", and will be sad when it's over, but also excited to try my hand at management, as I've never really done this kind of thing before! Should be interesting. :)

1 comment:

Jules AF said...

Congrats! It sounds like a promotion. yaay